Nature published a satellite data analysis, "Recent contributions of glaciers and ice caps to sea level rise" (paywall). In a press release, "CU-Boulder study shows global glaciers, ice caps shedding billions of tons of mass annually," it was explained, "The measurements are important because the melting of the world’s glaciers and ice caps, along with Greenland and Antarctica, pose the greatest threat to sea level increases in the future." But according to IBD: "Study Confirms Hima-Lyin’ About Climate Change"
Compare with coverage by:
Reuters: "Scientists melt mystery over icecaps and sea levels"
Christian Science Monitor: "NASA satellites reveal colossal ice melt, greenhouse gasses blamed"
E&E Publishing: "Melting ice sheets already seen driving sea-level rise "
Discovery News: "Glaciers: The Biggest Losers"
For other recent examples of anti-science at IBD, see:
"Climate Change Doubts Heat Up the Classroom"
"Deal Or No Deal? The Climate Con Lives On In Durban"
"The Climate Scam Continues"
Over at Forbes, denier Patrick Michaels (see my 2/4 post) claims the Nature study created: "An Unsettling Week For Global Warming's 'Settled Science'"
Check out these sites:
- AAAS - What We Know
- Adaptation Clearinghouse
- AGU: GeoSpace: Earth & Space Science
- AGU: Plainspoken Scientist: Communicating Science
- Alister Doyle - Reuters
- Alliance for Global Water Adaptation
- American University School of Communication: Climate Shift
- Association of American Geographers
- Carbon Brief
- Center for Climate Change Communication
- Center for Environmental International Law (CIEL)
- CICERO (Center for International Climate and Environmental Research – Oslo)
- Climate Central
- Climate Change at the National Academies
- Climate Change News
- Climate Communication
- Climate Feedback
- Climate Home
- Climate Impact Lab
- Climate Nexus
- Climate Reality Project
- Climate Solutions
- Climate Strategies
- ClimateShift (American University School of Communication)
- Daily Climate
- Dan Grossman Media
- DeSmog Canada
- DeSmog UK
- Dr. James Hansen
- Energy Post
- Fiona Harvey, UK environmental reporter
- Global Weirding with Katharine Hayhoe
- Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change & the Environment (LSE - London School of Economics & Poliitical Science)
- InsideClimate News
- Int'l Environmental Communication Association
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (UK)
- Media Matters
- NASA: Global Climate Change
- National Academies: Climate Change
- Nature of Cities
- Nature: Climate Change
- NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research)
- Planet Ark - World Environment News
- Real Climate Economics
- Regime Shifts DataBase
- Ross Gelbspan's Heat is Online
- Sea Around Us
- Skeptical Science
- State of the Planet (The Earth Institute - Columbia University)
- Stephen Schneider, Climatologist (In Memoriam)
- Think Progress - Climate
- Tribes & Climate Change
- UCAR (University Corporation for Atmospheric Research)
- UNFCCC Newsroom
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- World Weather Attribution (WWA),
- Yale Climate Connections
- Yale Environment 360
- Liisa Antilla Kellems
- MA: King's College London; BA: University of Washington; Association of American Geographers; International Environmental Communication Association; PUBLISHED WORK Antilla, L. (2010) “Self-censorship and science: a geographical review of media coverage of climate tipping points,” Public Understanding of Science 19(2): 240-256; Antilla, L. (2005) “Climate of scepticism: US newspaper coverage of the science of climate change,” Global Environmental Change 15(4): 338-52